Is it possible to make a good living on less than an acre of land?
Learn how you can farm on just a quarter acre of land and make $50,000, or even $100,000 on half an acre.
Curtis Stone is the owner/operator of Green City Acres, a commercial urban farm in Kelowna, BC. Since 2010, he has been successfully farming on multiple urban lots in the cities downtown, and will demonstrate to you, that you can farm on very small plots of land without the debt burden of a mortgage or the high capital expenses of the usual infrastructure that most farms need.
Curtis wants to show you how you can shave off two to three years of the mistakes he made, and get you off to a strong start now, making a great living doing something you love!
In this two day workshop, you will learn about strategic production techniques that focus on high value crops with short growth cycles as well as specialized and niche market streams such as restaurants, and cooperative CSA’s. You will also learn how to use modern technology to better manage your business that will save you time and money!
Topics Covered: Market research, site selection, site negotiation, crop selection, bed layout, tools, planting, weeding, watering timers, harvesting, market prep & storage, restaurant, CSA, and much more!
The workshop will take place in Mission Bay in San Diego on November 15 and 16.
- 31,912 hits
- Profitable Urban Farming (San Diego) — November 15-16
- Prickly Pear Festival (Anza) — October 18
- Primal Pastures Farm Tour (Temecula) — October 18
- Growing Dragon Fruit (San Diego) — October 22
- Fall Gathering at Malki (Banning) — October 18
- Design for Sustainability — Registration closes October 12
- Farmers’ Market Fair — November 13th
- Superadobe & Permaculture Training (Hesperia) October 6-18
- $15 for $30 towards Ace Hardware
- Fodder System Design (Aguanga) — July 26
- Lemon Lily Festival (Idyllwild) — July 12-13
- Water-Wise Gardening — June 28
- Cow Pool at CTRRA — sign up now
- P4P Expo (Pomona) — June 21-22
- Native Plant Uses (Idyllwild) — July 5 & 6
- Survival Skills Education — June 3- August 21
- Lawn Mower Exchange Program (Riverside) — June 14
- Temecula Berry Company (Temecula) — June
- Turf removal rebates doubled
- LandFill Harmonic
- Washable Game Boards
- Permaculture Design Course — enroll opens March 29
- Propagating Native Plants (Claremont) — March 29
- Basic Building (Hesperia) — March 22-23 & 29-30
- Cagliero Ranch Nursery
- Western Landscape Contest — entry due by June 1
- Water-wise Plant Sale — April 26
- Landscapes Southern California Style (Riverside)
- Poultry & Livestock Diagnostics
- Advanced Trauma: Sutures (Menifee) — April 5
- Plant Seeds for Local Farms (Riverside) — March 19-20
- Let’s Meet at the Park! — March 30
- Microscope Project — sign up now
- Plant Talk Classroom — March 21
- Dreaming of a Better Hemet?
- Rain Barrels (San Juan Capistrano) — February 23
- Food Growing Summit — March 3-7
- 16th Annual Mushroom Fair (San Diego) — February 16
- Permaculture Farm Tour (San Marcos) — February 16
- Butterflies & Hummingbirds (Vista) — February 15
- Rose Pruning Workshop (Temecula) — February 15
- Planting Potatoes (Temecula) — February 15
- Hack the Drought
- Sew Ready: Machine Basics
- Vocademy Membership Deal — ends December 31
- Permaculture Design Certificate Course
- Hemet PD Wants Your Opinion
- Erica Wisner author of The Art of Fire — November 11
- Off The Grid Expo (Huntington Beach) — December 7
- Power Grid Down Drill — November 13-14