I do not recommend that you play doctor on yourself or others. I am only suggesting that this book is valuable if you are in an emergency situation where no doctor is available.
Where There Is No Doctor is the most widely-used health care manual for health workers, educators, and others involved in primary health care delivery and health promotion programs around the world.
Hesperian Health Guides are easy to use, medically accurate, and richly illustrated. They publish 20 titles, spanning women’s health, children, disabilities, dentistry, health education, HIV, and environmental health, and distribute many others. Buy, download, or read from this page, or view resources by language to explore materials in Spanish and over 80 other languages.
- http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/10/homemade-antibacterial-foaming-hand-soap.html –
- http://upstreamparenting.com/why-chamomile-is-a-mini-pharmacy-in-a-flower/#.UGME6lEoHCY – chamomile
- http://www.naturalnews.com/034738_aloe_vera_cancer_AIDS.html – Aloe vera helps reverse cancer and AIDS
- http://www.keeperofthehome.org/2012/07/how-to-treat-bug-bites-naturally.html#more-17018 – homemade bug bite repellents and treatments
- http://pebblecrossing.com/blog – Tooth Truth
- http://www.crimson-sage.com – Medicinal Herb Plants for the Medicinal Herb Garden
- Homegrown Remedies by Anne McIntyre  – Your pharmacy — Grow your own — The remedies — Immunity boosters — Clear skin, bright eyes — Good digestion — Managing stress — Physical wellbeing — Especially for women — First aid — Herb and plant directory.
- http://www.debralynndadd.com/_blog/toxicfreenutrition/post/Sunlight_is_Necessary_for_Good_Nutrition – June 28, 2012 – Sunlight is Necessary for Good Nutrition by Debra Lynn Dadd on Thursday
- http://www.debralynndadd.com/_blog/toxicfreenutrition/post/Is_Your_Body_Dehydrated – June 7, 2012 – Is Your Body Dehydrated? by Dr Steve Lund DC LMT
- http://www.instructorscorner.org/media/resources/SAC/Reviews/BVM%20vs%20Mask.pdf – Bag-valve-mask versus mouth to mask ventilation for single rescuer
My search for “first-Aid” found 414 titles in Inland Library Network. Here a few with great reviews:
- When there is no doctor : preventive and emergency home healthcare in challenging times / Gerard S. Doyle [c2010] – This is a book about sustainable health, and what you can do to protect it–in bad times certainly, but also in good. [It] will help you ensure the health of those you love, yourself and, should you so choose, your community, if and when the world changes. World may come to mean your little town or the whole globe. It could change for a few days or weeks, or for a few years. It could change because of a flood, financial crisis, flu pandemic, or failure of our energy procurement, production or distribution systems.
- Frequently asked questions about everyday first aid by Heather Hasan  – It’s an invaluable skill to be able to deal wisely with different types of non-life-threatening and less serious injuries. This book helps teens to treat cuts, scrapes, bites, stings, bumps, strains, and bruises when they occur. In addition, the book offers good advice for dealing with more serious injury situations such as fractures, burns, frostbite, fainting, hypothermia, and eye injuries-with a stress on getting medical attention from a qualified person as soon as possible.
- When All Hell Breaks Loose: Stuff You Need To Survive When Disaster Strikes by Cody Lundin 
This is what every family needs to prepare and educate themselves about survival psychology and the skills necessary to negotiate a disaster whether you are at home, in the office, or in your car. Lundin addresses basic first aid, hygiene skills, and makes recommendations for survival kit items.
- Medicine For The Outdoors: The Essential Guide To Emergency Medical Procedures And First Aid by Paul S. Auerbach 
Named a top 10 medical title in 2009 by the Wall Street Journal. Since 1986, Medicine for the Outdoors has been hailed as the definitive take-along manual on the subject. Packed with step-by-step instructions, how-to explanations, and practical approaches to outdoor and wilderness emergencies, it tells you the best ways to respond to just about any medical problem when help is miles or days away. Author Paul S. Auerbach, MD, MS, FACEP, FAWM, is recognized as one of the world’s leading authorities on wilderness medicine.
- The video first aid kit VHS 
Outlines symptoms and basic treatment for various emergencies including burns, drowning, choking, poisoning, and heart attack. Includes instructions for CPR.