This is a FREE online event. The following is from http://foodgrowingsummit.com:
Food Growing Summit 2014
Planting Community Resilience
- Learn from the experts in this free series of inspirational conversations.
- Get started now – begin to grow some of your food at home.
- Help build your community’s resilience through growing & eating healthy food.
- Learn why your local food economy is so important and integral to our global health.
Join us as we talk with Will Allen (Growing Power, Milwaukee), Ocean Robbins (Food Revolution Network),Vandana Shiva (Navdanya – Earth Democracy), Joel Salatin (Polyface Farm), John Valenzuela (Cornucopia Food Forest Gardens), Erika Allen (Growing Power, Chicago), and other farmers, home food growers and community activists involved in local food growing.
They’ll share their experience about how to grow food simply at home and how that makes our families and communities stronger. You’ll learn:
- Why it’s so important for us all to take part in local agriculture in our communities.
- How growing our own food builds our community resilience and why that makes us healthier and happier.
- Why supporting local farmers makes our healthy food sources more secure.
Join us for this series of free conversations and you will:
- Begin to grow your own favorite foods at home now!
- Learn how growing and eating healthy, local food changes your health and life and that of your family, friends and neighbors.
- Grow your satisfaction as you realize you can depend on yourself for some of your healthy food needs and your local farmers for much of the rest.
This Food Growing Summit will show beginners how to grow food this season using the space you have. These conversations will also help those who have grown food in the past and want to be inspired to start again. Anyone interested in food growing, regaining control of their health and happiness and building their community’s strength will enjoy these conversations.