The exchange is located at Bourn’s Inc., 1084 Columbia Ave. (cross street Iowa), Riverside, CA 92507
The following is from http://www.aqmd.gov/home/programs/community/lawnmower-registration:
Description of the Lawn Mower Exchange Program
The South Coast Air Quality Management District (SCAQMD) is conducting a lawn mower exchange program for residents living within its 4-county jurisdiction, which includes all of Orange County, most of Los Angeles County (excluding the Antelope Valley), almost all of Riverside County, and the non-desert portion of San Bernardino County. This program allows residents to turn in their working gas-powered lawn mower and purchase a new cordless rechargeable electric mower at a discounted price. The 20” Greenstation® (24v) which has a retail value of $430 can be purchased for only $160. The 19” Greenstation® Self-propelled (24v) which has a retail value of $470 can be purchased for only $230. The 18” Black&Decker (36v) which has a retail value of $379 can be purchased for only $100. The 19″ Black & Decker (36v) which has a retail value of $429 can be purchased for only $180. The Black&Decker 19″ self-propelled mower (36v) which has a retail value of $479 can be purchased for only $250.
Who Is Eligible for the Lawn Mower Exchange?
- You must be a resident living within SCAQMD’s 4-county jurisdiction, which includes all of Orange County, most of Los Angeles County (excluding the Antelope Valley), almost all of Riverside County, and the non-desert portion of San Bernardino County. You will be asked to show proof of residency (driver’s license, utility bill, etc.) when you come to exchange your mower.
- You must turn in a working gas mower.
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must pre-register for one of the exchange events and have the reservation form showing your reservation number for that event.
- At the exchange event, you may pay depending on the model you choose (Cash, Check, or Major Credit Cards accepted).
- There is a limit of one mower per residence.
How Do I Register?
You can register by clicking on the registration page. You will also be able to register by phone during SCAQMD’s working hours (Tuesday through Friday, 8 am to 5:00 pm) by calling the toll-free number 1-(888) 425-6247.
How Does the Exchange Event Work?
A total of 4 exchange events have been scheduled. To participate, residents must pre-register. You will be given a registration number, and a half-hour time slot during which we would like you to arrive. This reduces traffic congestion, and allows for a quick orderly flow through the exchange process. Your reservation is only good for the day and location of the event for which you registered.
There will be staff at the event to unload your old mower and load your new mower into your vehicle. You will not have to get out of your car. It is a drive-thru event. The whole process from when you arrive to when you leave typically takes 15 minutes.
What Are The Air Quality Benefits of Exchanging Your Gas Mower
Using a typical gas mower for one year can pollute as much as a car driven for 22,000 miles. All the gas mowers that are turned in for this program will be scrapped and the metal recycled…